Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finding outlines

I was in a bar waiting for an open mic poetry session to begin, feeling the need to express images. It's hard to explain, that feeling. But it's as annoying to not draw as it is to not go to the toilet. However, the pictures were not in my right hand, so I tried my left and got this one.





I inked this one while at my studio. Loving using the left hand. I included this one because it's no good. The left hand work in this was just provoking anger and frustration and a mess of doodles on the page. Clarity all awry. Changed to the right hand after this and created over 10 clear images quite happily.Then I went back to the left a few days later and did this one.

These images are created in the moment, I do not preconcieve what they will be. It's like the vision part of the brain that is very active while sleeping has a pathway to express what I don't even think I'm thinking about. It's like there are parallels and tangents and then little things going on in the mind that have seemingly nothing to do with what I'm thinking about. Perhaps there is a vague connection somewhere, but I have not been near a paddock for a long time. Maybe it was the lack of milk in the fridge. It could be as vague as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment